Many small to medium sized organisations do not have the resources to implement their own health and safety advisor. Beacon Safety Consulting can provide a Chartered Safety Practitioner to act as competent person as required by Regulation 7 of The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
A package is provided to ensure that your organisation is fully legally compliant.
The service includes the following:
- Carrying out a baseline audit: this gives an understanding of where the organisation currently is, in respect to compliance with health and safety legislation. Any shortfalls identified by the audit will be accompanied by an action plan.
- Developing policies, procedures and management systems: full assistance will be given in producing a safety management system. This includes production of safe systems of work.
- Risk assessments: ensuring that all risk assessments are suitable and sufficient.
- Accident investigations: a full investigation of any accidents will be carried out.
This will include getting to the root cause of any accident trying to prevent a recurrence.
- Liaising with enforcing authorities/ insurers: a Beacon Safety consultant will provide full liaison with all enforcing authorities, such as the Health and safety Executive and the organisations insurers.
- Telephone Helpline: Access to a comprehensive safety advice service.
- Audit: a full annual audit will be carried out.